What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday Debit Card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will be charged if AnchorD Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $25.00 for each transaction paid in an overdraft.
- An interest rate of 18% will be applied on the overdrawn balance until it is positive and assessed at the end of your statement cycle
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want AnchorD Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday ATM/Debit Card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday ATM/Debit Card transactions, please let us know:
- Electronically: Complete the Enrollment Form and click the submit button, (it's safe and secure.)
- In Person: Print the Enrollment Form, complete all information, and present it to any branch - Texhoma, Goodwell or Guymon.
- By Mail: Print the Enrollment Form, complete all information, and mail to: P. O. Box 649, Texhoma, OK 73949
- By Phone: Call any branch
- Texhoma 580- 423-7541
- Goodwell 580- 349-2300
- Guymon 580-338-1000
After agreeing to the terms and conditions, the Enrollment Form will follow when you click the NEXT button below.